Avid Public Relations
Maximizing public relations success where technology & intellectual property intersect.
Ways We Meet Organizations’
Unique IP Public Relations Needs:
Many public relations firms focus on supporting technology companies. Others serve law firms. AVID PR is the only firm optimized for maximizing clients’ success in their public relations activities, where their technology and intellectual property intersect.
Our team is uniquely suited to meet the public relations needs of defensive patent management organizations, corporate IP teams, IP law firms and defensive patent management organizations.
- Developing and effectively communicating messages regarding the value and differentiators of IP assets
- Announcing IP acquisitions, sales, key licensing, as well as patent grants and copyright registrations, among others
- Supporting speeches, roundtable discussions, testimony and amicus briefs to industry and government with coverage in key media
- Projecting the value and key differentiators of a patent management organization to potential partners, licensees and aggressors regarding IP assets, cross licenses, etc.
- Supporting public responses to demand letters, threats of assertion and other protective actions
- Driving awareness of IP law firms’ specializations, capabilities, experience and other differentiators to assist in new client business development
- Supporting defensive prosecution of patentability and validity challenges
- Gaining awareness of published defensive publications and the context for their creation and value
At AVID PR, we are uniquely capable of amplifying IP-oriented media and influencer relations coverage in business, IP industry and technology media. We design and execute tailored campaigns that maximize clients’ IP-related credibility and industry thought leadership.
Our team has decades of success in driving thought leadership campaigns supporting organizations’ IP activities.
- We work with organizations to ensure that their value and activities receive significant exposure with the IP, business and industry trade audiences which matter the most.
- Our team drives campaigns that foster IP executives’ credibility as industry thought leaders, while ensuring that their legal activities are well understood — and accurately and positively reported by the media.
- We frequently serve as a bridge between the in-house IP team and corporate communications, seamlessly working to ensure that the IP team’s activities are effectively communicated, while completely aligning with overall corporate messages and strategy.
- IP clients our team has supported include: Open Invention Network and IBM, among others.
We Understand Technologies
To understand and effectively project intellectual property activities and values requires an extensive knowledge encompassing a range of technologies. We do. They include:
Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning
Cloud, Cloud Apps, AWS
Embedded Systems / Sensors
Industrial Automation & Robotics
Industrial Motion & Control
Mobile Systems & Apps
Power / Utility Systems Systems and Software
- Retail Technology & E-Commerce
Semiconductors — Analog, Digital and Mixed Signal
- Systems, Application and Development Software
Telecommunications Service & Equipment (CO, CPE and Enterprise)
IP Value Blog
AVID PR to focus exclusively on IP
AVID Public Relations is transforming its business to exclusively represent in-house IP teams law firms and defensive patent management organizations in the US.
Press Release: AVID PR Becomes the First IP Public Relations Firm
Maximizing credibility and value of in-house IP teams at corporations, IP law firms and defensive patent management organizations.
Chantilly, VA (June 24, 2020) – AVID Public Relations (AVID PR) is announcing a transition, becoming the premier, intellectual property (IP) public relations firm. Leveraging more than two decades of IP communications experience, AVID PR is uniquely capable of gaining awareness of, and industry thought leadership for, IP executives, their organizations and activities. Amplifying IP-industry, business and trade media coverage maximizes the credibility and value of in-house IP teams at corporations, IP law firms and defensive patent management organizations.
A New Kind of Firm: IP Public Relations
For more than two decades, it has been my privilege to work in the public relations industry. The majority of that time has been spent supporting technology companies. I always joke that while my grandfather was an engineer, and my father is a software developer -- I’m from the same tree. It’s just that the apple happened to land on the other side of the fence, in marketing. My client base has also reflected that. Between stints on the corporate side, and at global public relations firms, I have supported everything from semiconductor companies to telecom and networking equipment makers [...]
Get in Touch
If you would like to learn more about how we can help you communicate your IP value, please contact us. Someone from our team will follow-up with you shortly.